problems running the converter

Aug 18, 2008 at 3:27 PM
Hi,

I thought I had succesfully installed the converter, but after clicking the button to start the conversion, I am returned to the document list with no visible result.

1) The executable is in the two places on the server where they are supposed to be
2) office 2007 + pdf converter are installed and work

The logfiles say:

08/18/2008 15:47:04.29     Microsoft.Office.Server.Convers (0x0454)    0x03C4    Document Conversions              Launcher Service                  7jew    Medium      Starting C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\TransformApps\Doc2PDF.exe for single-call with args: -in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\input.doc" -out "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\output.pdf" -config "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\config.info" -log "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\error.log"     
08/18/2008 15:52:05.46     Microsoft.Office.Server.Convers (0x0454)    0x03C4    Document Conversions              Launcher Service                  7jex    High        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\TransformApps\Doc2PDF.exe took too long on args: -in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\input.doc" -out "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\output.pdf" -config "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\config.info" -log "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\error.log".  Killing process.     
08/18/2008 15:52:05.75     Microsoft.Office.Server.Convers (0x0454)    0x03C4    Document Conversions              Launcher Service                  7jew    Medium      Starting C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\TransformApps\Doc2PDF.exe for single-call with args: -in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\input.doc" -out "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\output.pdf" -config "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\config.info" -log "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\error.log"     
08/18/2008 15:57:06.75     Microsoft.Office.Server.Convers (0x0454)    0x03C4    Document Conversions              Launcher Service                  7jex    High        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\TransformApps\Doc2PDF.exe took too long on args: -in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\input.doc" -out "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\output.pdf" -config "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\config.info" -log "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\error.log".  Killing process.     
08/18/2008 15:57:11.90     Microsoft.Office.Server.Convers (0x0454)    0x03C4    Document Conversions              Launcher Service                  7jew    Medium      Starting C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\TransformApps\Doc2PDF.exe for single-call with args: -in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\input.doc" -out "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\output.pdf" -config "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\config.info" -log "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\error.log"     
08/18/2008 16:02:12.92     Microsoft.Office.Server.Convers (0x0454)    0x03C4    Document Conversions              Launcher Service                  7jex    High        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\TransformApps\Doc2PDF.exe took too long on args: -in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\input.doc" -out "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\output.pdf" -config "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\config.info" -log "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher\error.log".  Killing process.     
08/18/2008 16:02:12.96     OWSTIMER.EXE (0x062C)                       0x0A68    Windows SharePoint Services       Topology                          88hj    High        Document Converter Word to PDF Converter failed with error code: CE_HANG    

Any help is appreciated.

Regards, Luc Peerdeman.
Aug 18, 2008 at 4:04 PM
I also verified if the directory:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Bin\HtmlTrLauncher

could be read / written, and it can. Additionally I added login permission to the HVU_etc account in the account policy editor. I now see input.doc (a copy of the file I wanted to convert) appear in the HtmlTrLauncher directory, but see no other effect: I still get returned to the document list page immediately, instead of to DocTrans.aspx

Regards, Luc.
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2008 at 11:02 PM
Edited Feb 10, 2009 at 10:14 PM
HVU_computername indeed must be allowed to interact with the desktop.  Adding HVU_etc to the administrators group will not do the trick. Edit the computers policy allowing HVU_etc to login (aka interact with the desktop).  

My aplogies that that I do not have more time to support this project.  

Ben
Jan 12, 2009 at 1:07 PM
Hi,
I am trying to use your converter with MOSS on Windows Server 2008 and my problem is that I cannot figure out how to set windows to allow HVU_etc-account to interact with desktop.
Does anyone know how to do that?
/Gustav
Jan 27, 2009 at 10:45 PM
Gustav,

see the following link. How to configure Office applications to run under the interactive user account

This worked for me. Had to change the security of the HtmlTrLauncher directory to allow the interactive user read/write perms (which I think will be changed back the next time the launcher service starts again)

Also, I added some extra releasing of COM objects to prevent WINWORD processes hanging around.

Trev.