Troubles with Doc2Pdf

Aug 20, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Hi!

I have installed Doc2Pdf. Installing with the attached Batch File finished without a error.
I use a MOSS 2007 with Enterprise License. I have also installed Office 2007 with all Features on the Server.
When i try to convert a Document test.docx from the command line into a .pdf file it works great.
I have no error messages in the eventlog.

My Problem: I can´t convert any .docx File to .pdf from Sharepoint. When i click right in a Word Document in my Document Library i get the Dialog: "Convert Document".
Now when i try to expand this dialog the only available feature is:  "From Word Document to Web Page".

I have read the other discussions. It isn´t a security problem and i have checked all the other solution´s that´s are posted.
I have also checked following settings:

Central Administration -> Operations -> Services on Server -> Document Conversions Launcher Service: STARTED
Central Administration -> Operations -> Services on Server -> Document Conversions Launcher Balancer Service: STARTED

Central Administration -> Application Management -> Configure Document Conversions: Enable Document Conversions -> YES
Under the section "Converter Settings" are following settings provided:
-) Customize "From InfoPath Form to Web Page" (xml into html)  
-) Customize "From Word Document to Web Page" (docx into html)  
-) Customize "From Word Document with Macros to Web Page" (docm into html)  
-) Customize "From XML to Web Page" (xml into html)  
-) Customize "Word to PDF Converter" (doc into pdf) 

SiteCollection -> Site Settings -> Manage Document Conversion -> Manage Document Conversion for Document
Allowed converters for this content type:
From InfoPath Form to Web Page                        "Configure"
From Word Document to Web Page                    "Configure"
From Word Document with Macros to Web Page  "Configure"
From XML to Web Page                                      "Configure"
Word to PDF Converter          

Only under "Word to PDF Converter" is  "Configure" missing!
Is that the problem? I am appreciative for each respond!

Kind regards,
Michael

Coordinator
Aug 20, 2009 at 3:58 PM
The coverter as I created it is for converting .doc word 2003 files. You can alter it easily to work with .docx files though.

I forget which file, it's in the folder, contains mapping between file extensions and converters. Unfortunatly you can only map one file extension per converter. However this converter could work for either .doc or .docx.

Also, remener to activate the publishing feature on your site collection. If you want new site collections to come with converters working you will need to 'stich' the feature to the site template

Best Regards,
Ben Steinwand

On Aug 20, 2009, at 3:49 AM, literator <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi!

I have installed Doc2Pdf. Installing with the attached Batch File finished without a error.
I use a MOSS 2007 with Enterprise License. I have also installed Office 2007 with all Features on the Server.
When i try to convert a Document test.docx from the command line into a .pdf file it works great.
I have no error messages in the eventlog.

My Problem: I can´t convert any .docx File to .pdf from Sharepoint. When i click right in a Word Document in my Document Library i get the Dialog: "Convert Document".
Now when i try to expand this dialog the only available feature is: "From Word Document to Web Page".

I have read the other discussions. It isn´t a security problem and i have checked all the other solution´s that´s are posted.
I have also checked following settings:

Central Administration -> Operations -> Services on Server -> Document Conversions Launcher Service: STARTED
Central Administration -> Operations -> Services on Server -> Document Conversions Launcher Balancer Service: STARTED

Central Administration -> Application Management -> Configure Document Conversions: Enable Document Conversions -> YES
Under the section "Converter Settings" are following settings provided:
-) Customize "From InfoPath Form to Web Page" (xml into html)
-) Customize "From Word Document to Web Page" (docx into html)
-) Customize "From Word Document with Macros to Web Page" (docm into html)
-) Customize "From XML to Web Page" (xml into html)
-) Customize "Word to PDF Converter" (doc into pdf)

SiteCollection -> Site Settings -> Manage Document Conversion -> Manage Document Conversion for Document
Allowed converters for this content type:
From InfoPath Form to Web Page "Configure"
From Word Document to Web Page "Configure"
From Word Document with Macros to Web Page "Configure"
From XML to Web Page "Configure"
Word to PDF Converter

Only under "Word to PDF Converter" is "Configure" missing!
Is that the problem? I am appreciative for each respond!

Kind regards,
Michael

Aug 21, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Hi!

Thank you for your answear!
When i try to convert a 2003 Word Document ".doc" i get the following notification message via mail from Sharepoint.
I have also an entry in the Eventlog with the same message:

"The document converter was not able to convert the file."
Event ID: 5448, Type: Error, Category: Timer Job, Source: Windows SharePoint Server.

Best regards,
Michael