CE_OTHER_BLOCKLIST error

Aug 21, 2009 at 4:39 PM

On my system (Windows Server 2008, Share Point 2007) I am able to convert DOC to HTML (the original converter from Microsoft). But when I try to convert DOC to PDF using Doc2Pdf.exe I receive error message CE_OTHER_BLOCKLIS. The application Doc2PDF.exe is present in the transformation directory. It is also converting fine when used in the command propmpt.

According to Microsoft the error message CE_OTHER_BLOCKLIST means: The conversion application finished the convesrsion task, but did not generate a result file.

What could be wrong?

Aug 27, 2009 at 8:25 PM

First thing you should do is read through the other discussion posts on this site.  Many times people ask questions that others have already asked and answered.  

The number one thing people miss is that you need to alter machine policy to allow HVU_ComputerName to login and interact with the desktop (meaning to run desktop applications).  Adding HVU_ComputerName to admin group will NOT help, and its a security risk.  You have to change your machine's policy to allow a builtin account HVU_WhatEver to login.  

Aside from that you might also need the publishing infrastructure feature activated on your site collection.

You say its converting fine from the command prompt so I will leave the other possible problems off the list.  

Best of luck,

Ben Steinwand