Troubles with Doc2Xps

Aug 31, 2009 at 5:34 PM

I have already intalled and running doc 2 xps conversiton. But I have a problem:

When several users sent doc to convert to XPs all the proccesors going to 100 % use.

I have a server with 8 procesors and 32GB  of memory.

Any idea?

Sep 2, 2009 at 5:44 PM

You are launching an instance of Word for each request, though it should be a short lived instance. I suggesting watching your processes and see if they stack up, meaning that Word does not exist after conversion. That would explain it. Try logging into the server, launching word, and doing a conversion.  Does a dialog box popup when you try to exit?  

99% Word is not exiting, and so insances of word are stacking up until the machine grings to a hault.  You need to figure out why Word cannot exit.

If you take a close look at the site there is a link to a Microsoft article that talks about topology, and how to isolate all your conversion on a server dedicated to conversion. I suggest that approach for everyone in all situations!  The chance of conversion brining down your server is too high!  Move it to a seperate box and all that will happen is conversions will stop working, you'll get a support ticket, resolve the problem, and conversions will resume.

Ben